I never understood Peter Pan, nor the appeal of that Toys-R-Us ad campaign, till now. The fact is, growing up is scary. Paying bills is depressing. The thought that even when I finish the next six or seven years of school ahead of me I have a 40% employment rate staring me in the face is terrifying. I like some of the things that come with growing up, like respect and autonomy, but I sure as hell miss the days when the only thing I had to worry about was finishing my homework. I think I wanna be a hobo.
On a better note, it was homecoming weekend at school this weekend, and I got to see many of my dear friends. I always get a little nostalgic after I've spent time with this great group, which could explain my anxiety. Right now, I'm just focusing on breathing, and watching Iron Chef.
Oh, guilty pleasures.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid.
Posted by
Megan
at
7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm more than a little nostalgic right now. Please, God, let this Georgia thing work out. I can't take much more of this.
Post a Comment